What we are (Purpose)
We are a unique members’ organisation which has thrived for over 300 years. Having no political or religious affiliations, we comprise members of all ages, races, religions, cultures and backgrounds.
We gather in our individual Lodges throughout the country and overseas where we have ceremonial traditions which encourage us both to be more tolerant and respectful and actively to fulfil our civic and charitable responsibilities; we also make time to eat, drink and meet together, and form lifelong friendships.
What we aim for (Vision)
- To attract those of whatever background interested in “What we are”.
- To enable our members to develop into more thoughtful and confident people.
- To inspire and challenge them to practise the core values we celebrate -integrity, respect, charity, friendship – in their private and public lives.
- To cement our reputation as a force for good in our communities and society at large and as a thriving organisation that men aspire to join”.
English Freemasony in Malta consists of two Lodges and one Royal Arch Chapter. Working under the United Grand Lodge of England are:
- The Lodge of St John and St Paul No 349
- De Rohan Lodge No 9670
Working under the Supreme Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons of England:
- The Chapter of Melita No 349 (Temporarily, the Chapter of St John and St Paul No 349 from 1983 to 2019)